Saturday, January 1, 2011

The First Day of the Rest of My Domestic Life

It was a slow start - being a Saturday, but I did accomplish a few things toward my domestic goals.

The day went like this:
  1. Get up before Joe, shower and dress
  2. Pick up Katie Grace from her church lock-in
  3. Go out to breakfast as a family to celebrate the new year
  4. Various errands
  5. Shopping for supplies to make my domestic life easier
  6. Grocery shopping
  7. Short nap
  8. Cook for our Bible study group's New Year's Day dinner
  9. Annual New Years Day Dinner
  10. Get Katie Grace off to bed
  11. Dishes and laundry
  12. Get clothes ready for church tomorrow
  13. Pack everything for the trip to see Joe's extended family tomorrow
So, what supplies did I buy?  Odds and ends really.  We needed some new Flour Sack Towels, Oven Mitts and Potholders, Magazine Files, you know, little things that make big jobs easier.  I also got a new Glass Canister for storing bread flour.  Speaking of bread, I'll leave you today with a few shots of my recent bread-making exploits.  Wishing you a happy home!








No comments:

Post a Comment